mercredi 9 septembre 2015

Hello friends,

This is last week's harvest: 70 little 5 inch' blocs as a starers for a quilt from the American Quilt Museum in Bath, UK. The quilt is more elegant than rustic, with an intermediate border with appliqué and 2 sawtoothborders. I'm not sure  about the outerborder, that seems a bit bulky to me, and i prefer it smaller than indicated, 10 inch wide....




I've started to quilt a top, in the boxes for longer than 10 years. Suddenly the prussian blue caught my eyes, still love this top so much.

Tidying some irregular fabric, Indonesian batiks, African wax, toiles, whatever, all but quiltfabric, but exellent for a different twist.

And a part of the little stars for the Mountmellick, made during the summer in Normandy, all handwork, of course and made slowly and carefully.

For those who follow me on Facebook, this is my view for at least 2 months: much work to do in courtyard, renewing the walls, painting and all the rest.
So not much daylight in the appartment and an awfull lot of noise!


My ugliest but most comfortable shoes for SMM next week. Good for walking all day and visiting the exhibitions with Joes and Isabeau and Ellen, our new member of the holy graal. I'm looking forward to meeting Lori de Jarnatt from Humble Quilts. Take care you all! LOL: a guy from the neighbourhood who follows my blog said i should be ashamed for letting you without a sign of life since june, he's right huh????

11 commentaires:

Quilteuse Forever a dit…

Have a great time at SMM!
Yesterday, I wrote to you at the email address on your Facebook account. Is it the right one?Groetjes,
Katell

Nifty Quilts a dit…

Great little stars. Did I miss that quilt top with the blue sashing? Looks wonderful. Adorable shoes. Enjoy the show! Good to see you back.

NADINE a dit…

Wonderful harvest ! ... and wonderful shoes, too ! :)) Wish I had the same for SMM, next week. Maybe I"ll get a chance to meet you, while there, amidst so many quilters, who knows ?

THANKS for the inspiration. Right now I'm working on "Les Soeurs" quilt, and I'm getting much inspired with your own version (especially your dark border fabric - hope finding something equivalent in SMM) Crossing my fingers (and toes) :))

In stitches,

NADINE

Phyllis a dit…

Prussian blue! Love it!

Elsbeth a dit…

Mooi mooi mooi allemaal, tot volgende week!

CecileD a dit…

You're making lovely projects !! I really love your fabrics.....
I will meet Lori and her daughter on wednesday afternoon too !! Maybe you will go with her in SMM by Train ?
I wish you a lovely day ...without noise ! :)

Wendelien a dit…

Mooie MMsterren Will.....en de Pruis verdient het zeker om gequilt te worden.
Heb pret bij SMM.
Wendelien.

pamina....stitch a dit…

Je me réjouis de voir tes progrès sur tous ces quilts ! et je te souhaite de belles découvertes à SMM !

Randy D. a dit…

Can't wait to see pictures from your trip to Alsace. Have a wonderful time!

Lori a dit…

What beautiful quilts! That blue is very stunning.
I hope they are done working on the apt soon- construction is hard to live with.

Rebecca in AK a dit…

I love the star quilt you are working on, in fact so much I found the book on Amazon and ordered it! Your blue quilt is beautiful too! Have a wonderful time at the quilt show. I hope that they finish the construction soon!